Sept. 2, 2017
11am to 5pm
Check backfor updates!
An annual celebration of all things fermented
A FUNDRAISER FOR THE SEBASTOPOL GRANGE HALL
Highlights of the event:
- vendor hall filled with samples: The 2016 event will host 30+ vendors of non-alcoholic, artisan fermented foods and beverages. Try traditional fermented foods like kimchi and dill pickles, along with unexpected ferments like cultured condiments and salsas. Bring a cooler bag along with you to stock up on some of the most cultured products available in California!
- homemakers’ kraut contest: Think that you make the best sauerkraut on the block? Enter your jar into the kraut contest to be crowned king or queen of kraut! Entering is easy – just print this form and tape the bottom half to your otherwise unmarked pint jar o’ kraut. (Tape the paper so that your writing is touching the glass and not seen) Then, bring your submission to the festival and drop it off at the entry table in the Sequoia Lobby.
- fill your cup and upgrade to VIP: Our Libation Lounge is the most diverse alcohol garden you will ever find. Sip on cider, beer, mead and wine from incredible craft producers. This year we are excited to welcome even more ciders than ever before. Sample libations from craft beverage producers HenHouse Brewing, Almanac Beer Co., Tilted Shed Ciderworks, Old World Winery and many more.
- presentations from authors + experts: Our 2016 list of classes includes kimchi, home brewing and sriracha – among many others! There is something for everyone from beginners to fermentation masters. This year, Todd from Happy Girl Kitchen returns to teach us how to Pickle like a Crockstar and Hannah Crum, author of The Big Book of Kombucha will teach us about the alchemy behind this popular, ancient, fermented beverage.
- fermented rootbeer floats: What happens when a keg of Triple Root Beer from The Kefiry and a few gallons of ice cream (non-dairy and dairy!) meet at the Fermentation Festival? Insanely yummy probiotic root beer floats are created. This year we are thrilled to partner with Coconut Bliss and Straus to offer their classic you vanilla ice cream options, dairy and non-dairy! ALL proceeds of rootbeer float sales go directly into to donation pot for the Sebastopol Grange Hall!
- private tasting classes: Reserve your seat in our private tasting classes to meet the maker and join them for a 45-minute in depth look at the alchemy of their craft. These tickets will go fast, so snag them while you can. These classes allow you to taste through multiple styles while the presenter shares their knowledge with you about the creation of each. Private tasting classes include Cheese with Tomales Farmstead Creamery cheesemaker Julia Berner, Chocolate tasting with Jonas Ketterle and Liam Blackmon, and Cider Styles with Scott Heath and Darlene Hayes.
2016 Participating Companies:
Libation Lounge Sponsors:
Our event wouldn’t be possible with the support of our community!