August 22, 2015
11am to 5pm
Santa Rosa, CA
Click HereFor Tickets!
Our 2015 festival took place on August 22nd
Join us next year at the Finley Center in Santa Rosa
Highlights of the event:
- vendor hall filled with samples: The 2015 event will host 35+ vendors of non-alcoholic, artisan fermented foods and beverages. Try traditional fermented foods like kimchi and dill pickles, along with unexpected ferments like cultured condiments and salsas. We have rented the entire Finley Community Center for the first time this year and are stretching out into all of the hallways and rooms!
- fill your cup and upgrade to VIP: Our Libation Lounge is the most diverse alcohol garden you will ever find. Sip on cider, beer, mead and wine from incredible craft producers. This year we are excited to welcome even more ciders than ever before. Choose between a wine or pilsner glass to sample libations from Heidrun Meadery, Russian River Brewing Company, Reverend Nat’s Cider, VML Winery and more.
- presentations from authors + experts: The list of classes for this years event includes making cultured salad dressings, nukazuke pickles and miso. There is something for everyone from beginners to fermentation masters. Join Todd from Happy Girl Kitchen to learn to make incredibly delicious and traditionally soured dill pickles or Alex Lewin, author of Real Food Fermentation to learn how to make a richly colored, earth tonic known as beet kvass.
- fermented rootbeer floats: What happens when a keg of Triple Root Beer from The Kefiry and a few gallons of ice cream (non-dairy and dairy!) meet at the Fermentation Festival? Insanely yummy probiotic root beer floats are created. This year, we are thrilled to partner with Community Market to bring you Vixen Kitchen’s Naked Vanilla Vegan Gelato. Also generously donating to our rootbeer float bar… Straus with their classic Organic Vanilla ice cream.
- hands-on participation tickets: We asked what you wanted more of and many of you said “Hands on opportunities!” In addition to dropping into the classes offered at the festival, you have the opportunity to reserve a limited participation seat. Chop fresh organic produce alongside the presenter and take home a jar to ferment on your very own counter top.
Farm to Fermentation in the Press:
Scenes from last year’s Festival:
2015 Participating Companies:
Libation Lounge Sponsors: