August 22, 2015
11am to 5pm
Santa Rosa, CA
Calling all fermenters! Join our nation’s biggest pickle party!
This year’s festival will take place
August 22nd, 2015
This year’s speakers and classes to be announced in July!
Check out last year’s schedule!
Highlights of the event:
- 60+ purveyors: The 2014 event hosted the most vendors of fermented foods and beverages that we have ever seen. There were 40 vendors of non-alcoholic goods and 21 that poured an alcoholic selection to our VIP garden. We squeezed into every available corner, and we certainly had a blast.
- DIY classes: Who has made their first batch of kvass? Who has a crock of sauerkraut started? Those who attended classes at the festival went home with the knowledge to begin fermenting at home. The classes offered this year were diverse and exciting! Who enjoyed Todd from Happy Girl Kitchen in an Elvis suit making pickles like a rockstar?! Who got to see Mara from Ozuké discuss the Japanese umeboshi process?
- fermented rootbeer floats: What happens when a keg of Triple Root Beer from The Kefiry and a few gallons of Straus Creamery and Bliss Coconut ice cream meet at the Fermentation Festival? Insanely yummy probiotic root beer floats are created. What happens when some of the ice cream makes it’s way into Peak Organic Brewing’s Oak Aged Mocha Stout? Dreams come true.
- home makers kraut off: Over 20 entries were tasted by our judges Spring Maxfield, John Ash and Franco Dunn behind the scenes. They tasted, discussed, and somehow decided on just three finalists. The queen of kraut in Sonoma County was Charuta Kulkarni, with a classic and perfectly balanced sauerkraut. Charuta took home a beautiful 3 gallon crock donated by Cultivate Home in Sebastopol.
- Cheese and Beverage Pairing: When in Sonoma County, one can be faced with tough decisions such as which cheese to pair with a certain dry cider. Colette Hatch, also known as Madame de Fromage took VIP guests on a taste adventure with some of Sonoma County’s finest fermented delicacies.
Farm to Fermentation in the Press:
Scenes from the 2013 Event:
2014 Participating Companies:
Libation Lounge Sponsors:
Almanac Beer Co.
Devoto Orchards Cider
HenHouse Brewing Co.
Old World Winery
Peak Organic Brewing
Sierra Nevada Brewing
Russian River Brewing
The SF Mead Co.
Tilted Shed Ciderworks
Home Brew from K99 Brewing